[NTLK] Brindisi text pronounciation

Lord Groundhog lordgroundhog at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 13:30:35 EST 2015

~~~ On 2015/11/04 14:38, Piotrowski Paweł (Newton) at newton at indigi.co.uk
wrote ~~~

> Guys!
>
> Can you go on priv with this conversation? It is Newton Talk group. Not about
> Italian, music, sound, Mac OS X etc...
>

> Cheers,
> Pawel
>
> On 4 Nov 2015, at 14:33, Riccardo Mori <rick at newted.org> wrote:
>
>> On 31 Oct 2015, at 21:22, Frank Gruendel <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>>
>>> "Curious" wouldn't be the right word. I intend to add this to my repertoire,
>>> and I would like to make sure it sounds correct. That's why I am after a
>>> recording of this text being read slowly and clearly by a native Italian
>>> speaker who knows all the words, even though some are kinda old.
>>
>> Okay, now I understand. I cannot make a recording at the moment,
>> unfortunately. But I was wondering: do you have a modern Intel Mac? If you
>> do, I can copy and paste the lyrics with the correct accents and you can
>> activate the text-to-speech feature in Mac OS X to have the text read by the
>> Italian automated voice. It's rather good, and you can slow its playback
>> considerably.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Rick

Gosh yes, this must be pretty [OT] by now -- but I'm sure glad I read this
reminder of the text-to-speech feature for foreign languages, and I'll be
trying it out in a number of languages to see if it'll do what I want.
Thanks Riccardo!

Shalom,

Christian

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton."
            -- ref.:  Arthur C. Clarke

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl