[NTLK] OMP serial connection problems

Matej Horvat matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si
Mon Nov 23 18:36:27 EST 2015

On Mon, 23 Nov 2015 20:58:52 +0100, William Maloney <firedoorus at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Okay, may be receiving something over HyperTerminal in Win 98. Not sure.
> The signal came out like this. The long parts with ???'s represent when I
> was trying to talk out via the comm port on Newton.

So what happens if you try to connect now? Does the Newton wake up when
you open NCK? It should.

You can also try Newton Press natively on Vista (it works for me on XP) to
install packages, but remember to choose "Macintosh serial" on the Newton
(even though you're not actually using the Macintosh version).