[NTLK] Einstein: iOS Native Work pushed to GitHub

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Tue Nov 24 19:11:26 EST 2015

I pushed the work I'm doing to GitHub if anyone wants to play with it.  To clone a specific branch to a clean folder, use ac command like:
	git clone -b iOSNative https://github.com/pguyot/Einstein.git

After you have it up and running, then install the "iOS Transport.pkg" in the Packages folder to NewtonOS.  This will add the transport to the action menu, which tigger the Activity picker in iOS with the text of the note.

Also in this branch is a setting in the iOS Settings.app->Einstein area to ignore all touches that are not from an Apple Pencil.  This gives you perfect palm rejection for use with the Apple Pencil.

There's a lot of iOS side work the could be done to make this really great, like handling split views and resizing better (unfortunately, you cannot resize the Newton screen size not he fly, any changes to screen dimensions require a reboot)  if anyone wants to collaborate.  I'm happy to add hooks for the Newton to call iOS code as appropriate, if and until I can add a true NewtonScript-to-Cocoa bridge.