[NTLK] To all list members: Do not open the mail with the subject "from: Ryan Vetter"!!

Frank Gruendel newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Fri Sep 4 16:54:29 EDT 2015

Hi gang,

myself and about a dozen other people, most of which I know are members of
this list, received a mail today with the subject "from: Ryan Vetter". The
link inside this mail links to a file "few.php" from a domain in South
Korea. The link is identified by Kaspersky as "HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic".

The mail was sent from the address szbowfuufs at mfnpo88.xbobepp.dp.vl. Well,
not exactly. I am not in the habit of publishing people's E-Mail addresses
in documents that end up in the internet, wide open for address-harvesting
robots. You will get the real address by adding 1 to each number and for
each letter "subtract" one based on the order in the alphabet. For example,
if I write "po88", I mean "on99".

Ryan, you might want to check if someone has taken over your computer, or if
someone is using your E-Mail address.

Those who have clicked this link and haven't been warned by their virus
protection software should scan their computer NOW. If you have passed data
to friends and colleagues after clicking this link, you will probably make
these people very thankful by passing this warning on to them. Please remove
my E-Mail address if you do. If you don't remove it, I'll find out and start
appearing in your nightmares.

Regards

Frank