[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 32, Issue 21

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Mon Aug 29 19:47:37 EDT 2016

On Monday, August 29, 2016, Michael Sheflin <sheflinm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you 'write an image' in Newton-readable format directly from a computer
> to an SD card?  If so couldn't one make bootstrap cards for next to
> nothing/free if people send SD cards.  (SD to PCMCIA converters are pretty
> cheap... and in terms of amounts, keeping in mind I've had the same one 2mb
> memory card for 18 years).

 If you created & filled the original SD card you imaged on the Newton,
yes, you could presumably write the image from a computer. However, it
wouldn't work as a bootstrap card as you must first install the ATA Support
driver before you can use an SD (or CF) card in a Newton. So, a bit of the
same chicken & egg problem, unfortunately.

--
Morgan
---