[NTLK] Setting up with a tracker

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Sun Feb 7 23:28:12 EST 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 11:20 PM, Doctor Clu <drclu at swbell.net> wrote:
>> On Feb 7, 2016, at 9:53 PM, Morgan Aldridge <morgant at makkintosshu.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 10:42 PM, Doctor Clu <drclu at swbell.net> wrote:
>>> Ok, got the OASIS newton server back up.  Now let’s see about getting this Server on a Newton Server Tracker.
>>>
>>> Can someone give me all the details of what I need to set up for the tracker client?
>>>
>>> The Oasis’ address is:
>>> http://oasisnewt.ddns.net:8080/ <http://oasisnewt.ddns.net:8080/>
>>
>> The tracker servers are all listed on the NPDS website:
>>
>> <http://npds.free.fr/trackers/>
>
> That kinda does.
>
> It’s an age old problem.   I am pointing the tracker to look at say Unna.org and I have it looking at
>
> About my Server: The Oasis
> Newton is a LAN behind a gateway (selected)
> Public IP: Oasisnewt.ddns.org:8080
>
> Server: Unna.org
> Newton Port: 3680
> Path (Nothing)
> HTTP port: 3680
>
> Register with tracker (selected)
> Tell me about server’s 4xx errors (selected)
>
> Try to activate I get two messages after it tries for a minute.:
>
> Tracker Client: Oops, the server returned an error.
>
> Tracker Client: An error returned in Get DNS Address.  No response from your current DNS server.  The server may be unavailable.  Check your connection and DNS server settings.  Error = -60814

It sounds like you have a DNS issue in your NIE configuration. Do DNS
lookups work elsewhere on your Newton, i.e. can you browse
http://www.unna.org/ in your browser
(Courier/NetHopper/NewtsCape/etc.)? If you can, try "www.unna.org" for
the Server instead (just "unna.org" should work as well and seems to,
but doen't hurt to try).

--
Morgan
---