[NTLK] MailV and AIFC / Newton frames

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Jan 2 17:43:48 EST 2016

On 2016-01-02, at 10:49 AM, Tim wrote:

> MailV allows you to choose "AIFC" as the format to send the email, but the sent email contains a .nwt attachment instead of an .aif.

This is likely for transferring sounds between Newton devices.

Could you email me one of the .nwt attachments offlist. I'd like to play with extracting the sound file.

> If anyone has any alternative ideas for how to get voice memos out of the Newton in a digital, compatible form, please let me know.

This is probably a question for Simon Bell to answer. He does lurk around the list, but may not answer right away.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian

http://newtontalk.net