[NTLK] NPDS - How To

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Wed Jan 13 17:01:49 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Doug Ramsay <mrramsay at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Greeting Newtonians,
> I've been on this list for quite some time, primarily from a learning/info gathering view point. I've used every Newton created and still have my trusty MP2100 with, what I believe to be, all the accessories necessary to run an NPDS server. Now that I've returned to the list after two years, is there a source to the most recent documentation with instructions on how I can get my MP up on NPDS. I have unused Windows Vista machine and a Win 7 machine as well, with FIOS connection. I love seeing the amount of NPDS servers still running. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep the Green.

NPDS and its configuration documentation can be found at
<http://npds.free.fr/>. There's also an NPDS-specific mailing list:
<http://npds.free.fr/list/>.

Beyond that, you probably want to configure an Ethernet card, if you
haven't already. Instructions & drivers can be downloaded from
<http://old.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/> and the old WikiWikiNewt
archives at <http://web.archive.org/web/20080516004759/http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt>.
If you really want to try WiFi, take a look at RAParker's "The
Two-Legged NAT — How To Secure WEP For Your Newton"
<http://newtzilla.quadzilla.net/html/-447584087$87.nsd> (yes, it's
hosted from his NPDS server).

Hope that's a helpful start,

--