[NTLK] Newton gateway idea

Elias Basse kd5jfe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:31:22 EST 2016

My Gateway test was a success!

My site is http://www.basse.me <http://www.basse.me/>  It is in the Blog section there as of today but I have also added the screenshots.

There are a few more tweaks and screenshots that I have to make, but essentially all that is required is a beagle bone black (or raspberry pi) with an appropriate SD card connected to your router of choice that can connect to the Newt running VNC.

This works well and the screen size can be adjusted to suit a more Newton like experience.  There is still a bit of delay as the VNC client for newton can only refresh once per second at its highest setting but it is usable.

I have a basic notes writeup there, but will soon post the image for the BBB and the RPI.

Best Regards,

Elias Basse