[NTLK] sorta OT: best iOS handwriting recog SW?

Abraham Limpo abraham at familialimpo.net
Wed Jun 8 05:23:11 EDT 2016

Not that ironic as you think. Newton handwriting recognition was the
offspring of two technologies: One was internal and when the newton
platform was cancelled it evolved into "inkwell" on Mac OS X. The second
was designed by an external company called CalligraPher and was adquired
(read: bought) by Microsoft for improving his Tablet PC platform. You can
see a huge jump after the incorporation of this technology in XP Service
Pack 3.

I don't know how calligrapher compares to inkwell but I can tell you that
when I installed the update and tried the HWR I felt right at home. On
windows Vista/7 they kept improving it to a point I could write by hand
almost as fast as by typing, and moreso, in my native language (newton
didn't support spanish ;) ).