[NTLK] How to connect your Newton to an ultra-fast 64 bit Windows 7 PC without using additional hardware or slowdown.exe

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Mon Mar 14 20:11:54 EDT 2016

On 3/13/2016 3:38 PM, NewtonTalk wrote:

> First things first: If you have a 64 bit Windows PC, you won't be able to
> install NCK, NCU, NTK et al since to the best of my knowledge these are 16
> bit applications that can be installed on 32 bit machines, but not on 64 bit
> machines. I worked around this by setting up a virtual machine using my 32
> bit Windows XP CD and installing NTK on this virtual machine.
*Snip*

Hi Frank,
Yes I have been doing something similar for a long time (and I think I
posted my experiences when I did).  One thing I did different was use
Windows 98.  With windows 98 running in the virutal machine (In my case
I used VirtualPC, I couldn't get Virutal Box to work with windows98) I
didn't even need to change processor settings or use slowdown.exe  Which
by the way, that processor power management setting is in Vista and
above.  So all newer machines should have the function.

-Dan