[NTLK] Can't connect my Newtons...

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Sun May 22 06:13:57 EDT 2016

It’s me again ;)

I think is good to put here info about source of problem and my solution (for posterity):

I detected that the whole problem was generated by my WiFi card (Intel PRO/Wireless 2011) and AP (Apple Time Capsule 1st generation). Probably both devices do not understand each other sometimes, and at the end AP don’t give proper info about DNS to WiFi card.

I observe, that problem show up, when I turn off Newton for longer period. When Newtons work everyday, everything is fine.

Solution: When problem show up, I just changed WiFi card in one of Newton (I have couple Lucent cards too) for a second, initiate connection and then shut down connection. After this silly intervention I went back to the Intel WiFi card. And voilà! All Newtons back and working fine ;)

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

NPDS Server: http://applenewton.co.uk (powered by Newton 2100)
NPDS Tracker Server: http://tracker.applenewton.co.uk:3680 (powered by Raspberry Pi)