[NTLK] Einstein development on all platforms

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Fri Sep 16 16:47:46 EDT 2016

I am neither an Android nor an iOS guru. I'd love to continue with developing the Ethernet card interface and the ARM de/recompiler.

It would be fantastic if we could have another go at Einstein for all supported platforms. It would be fantastic to se one more stab at making Einstein current and compatible for the latest developer environments and OS releases. For that, we would need a "Platform Angel" for each OS

-> OS X, Xcode
-> MSWindows, VisualStudio
-> Linux, JAM
-> iOS, Xcode
-> Android, Android Studio (must be ported and kept up to date with NDK)

Looking at recent commits on GIT Hub, we only have four developers active this year. Would those developers and maybe "old" developers be interested in a 2016 release? My suggestion for goals would be:

 * current on all platforms including binaries for all users and complete manuals for building from scratch
 * better (full) support for network access
 * serial and/or network emulation for full sync capabilities (NCX, what else?)

I would like to clean up the ROM simulation code, the rewrite all SWI code in "C", so we can accelerate memory access and double the speed of the emulator on all platforms.

Anyway, an old man can dream ;-)