[NTLK] How bright is a (well-preserved) eMate's backlight?

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sun Apr 9 16:29:15 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-09, at 6:16 AM, Piotrowski Paweł (Newton) wrote:

>> Second, has anyone ever tried a NewtonSales white backlight?
>> The website claims it's fairly "modern", but I don't know what
>> to expect brightness-wise from it.
>
> I know that for this guy form NewtonSales the high quality customer
> service is not strong side, but I bought from him USB module ones.
> And I got it. So, I think is worth to try.
>
> BTW, I don’t know any stories connected with NewtonSales. Could
> someone clarify why people don’t like him?

There are many people who have had positive experiences ordering from Newton Sales and dealing with its owner (Ferdi Ozguner, also known as Knowledge Navigator).

However, there are also quite a few stories in the NewtonTalk archives relating tales of terrible customer service, exaggerated product claims, "bait and switch" pricing, and other ordering issues.

Personally, I have never directly dealt with or ordered from Ferdi or his company. The only issue I have had with Newton Sales was a rash of promotional list spamming several years ago. Because of this, he was banned from the list in 2011.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian