[NTLK] Followup: International shipping of devices containing Ni-MH batteries

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Wed Apr 26 21:12:15 EDT 2017

Boy, how I love this list...

Your replies led me to a pdf describing UN 3496. UN 3496 clearly states that
Nickel-Metal-Hydride batteries may be shipped by air transport. Henceforth I
will glue a sticker mentioning this, along with a URL that'll bring
overzealous postal clerks to the pdf "Guidance on the air transport of
Batteries, nickel-metal hydride UN3496".

Maybe one day Ermin will finally get his eMate. Who knows. My second attempt
will start tomorrow.

I was at our feeble excuse for a post office this morning and explained the
problem, asking them to ship the package again at no cost. They said they
couldn't do this. So I will have to shell out another 22 Euros to pay for a
mistake I did not make. Customer service at its best, isn't it? If I was
doing my job that way, I'd probably live under a highway bridge because
every employer in his right mind would sack me after a day...

But I have learned to not try to change things I cannot change. So I will
look at the bright side instead: The fact that this list has yet again saved
me a lot of time, which at my age seems fairly limited.

Thanks, folks!

Frank