[NTLK] OT: Cell phones was: Hello to all:...Can someone please refresh my memo...

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sat Dec 30 15:25:41 EST 2017

Hmm, I never had a problem with the exception of moving time from one
phone to another (took 3 calls but they did it eventually).  Otherwise
they have been great.  I will admit that some phones are worse than
others.  They do have a few "no name" brands in their store that are
questionable.  Stick with a known brand (or bring your own, they allow
for that) should be fine.

As for the models, I was just there a few weeks ago and they had two
flip phones still available.  But perhaps that model sold out with the
Christmas rush.

One thing about smart phones, turn off the 3g/4g/etc off and wow your
battery life goes through the roof.  Back to what a old flip phone use
to get (a week instead of a day).  I have mine off most of the time
unless I need to check something specific.  I also admit that buttons
are preferable, but if you turn off all the "extras" it is close (well
as close as you can get to buttons vs a screen).

Anyway, glad you found a model that will work for you.  Years ago I had
looked at Jitterbug, but there was something I didn't like about the
phone that led me to get something else.  Glad they are still around.

-Dan