[NTLK] Newton USB Dongle

Jeff Sheldon jeffsheldon at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:13:31 EST 2017

Jake,

My only concern with that item are the keywords rs232, db8, and db6.

Looks like db8, but it advertises the FTDI F232 chip only.  RS-232 isn't compatible with RS-422 without a converter. None of the examples I've seen of such an arrangement are elegant. And the only USB-to-DB8 RS-422 cables I'm seeing are for PLC device programming and might have more going on than just standard serial communications (plus they have a big brick in the middle of the cable).

Any dongle advertising itself as a "Mac serial port" USB adapter that can use the existing cable and interconnect adapter is the -very- easiest solution.

I don't like the snap-together approach I'm seeing though with what's on the market.  Will look at what we can build, openly, that's more of a unified cable.

-Jeff