[NTLK] Newton USB Dongle

Matthias Melcher mm at matthiasm.com
Mon Feb 6 15:16:58 EST 2017

> On Feb 6, 2017, at 5:39 PM, Randy Glenn <randy.glenn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It looks like https://github.com/tuanpmt/esp_bridge and
> https://github.com/krzychb/esp-just-slip have SLIP implementations for the
> ESP8266. Might have to dig out an ESP-12F board and give them a go.
>
> I love it when someone else has already written the code!

I am not sure if this is needed at all. The Internet Connection kit uses a pretty low level driver to communicate to PCMCIA cards. It would be no problem at all to communicate via the internal serial port with an ESP32. The NewtonOS kit includes all protocols except wireless encryption, which is integral part of the ESP. So no problem there.

I have found a perfect programmable logic chip that can interface the ESP to the internal port including the required level shifting, also adding SD Card support, keyboard emulation vie WLan, and NTK and Inspector support. All we need is the ESP, the FPGA, a PCB, and the connectors, optionally an SD Card holder.

...and time to plug it all together...