[NTLK] [ANN] Mac Resource Fork Git Hooks

Morgan Aldridge morgant at makkintosshu.com
Fri Feb 10 16:29:02 EST 2017

Another one of those things I started a little while back and finally
tested & tweaked: Mac resource fork Git hooks. See the GitHub repo:

<https://github.com/morgant/git-resource-fork-hooks>

These Git hooks automate much (most?) of the running of `SplitForks` &
`FixupResourceForks` when checking files with Mac resource forks (like Mac
NTK projects and such) into/out of Git repositories (which would normally
otherwise ignore the resource forks, breaking any files that rely on data
stored in resource forks... like Mac NTK projects and such).

WARNING! These have only been tested under certain use cases and there is
_definitely_ a chance for data corruption/loss!

I've only done limited testing, but they seem to work so far. If any of the
few other developers out there working with Mac NTK projects & Git repos
want to do more testing and submit any necessary patches, it'd be much
appreciated. Naturally, take the above warning about possible data loss
into strong consideration, I'd suggest working on a copy of your Git clone
and not pushing to your origin repository until you're 100% sure that the
data is okay, esp. the fork data!

--
Morgan
---