[NTLK] Announcing Leibniz

Steve White stepwhite at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 23:03:48 EST 2017

There is a thermistor I’m aware of, and diagnostics will read it’s value from the ADC. I supply a static value 0x765 which it interprets as 19.0 degrees.  See:

http://i.imgur.com/u89cUQv.png

I haven’t noticed NewtonOS ever probing the ADC for this exact source.  But I don’t fully understand how the ADC is configured, so it’s quite possible it is asking for it, but using a different source value than I’ve prepared for (meaning, I think some bits of the source value may indicate an interval?).

Should the Newton react poorly to the thermistor value if I report some “on fire” temperature?  If so, I can do some explorations.

Per Matej’s earlier reply, I committed a very minimal SDL front end to Leibniz, so UNIX users should be able to build and run Leibniz.  I gave it a quick shot on Ubuntu on x86_64 and Raspbian on a Pi 3 and it seemed to work well.

-Steve