[NTLK] Newton ROM card circuit board files reverse engineered

Jake Bordens jake at allaboutjake.com
Thu Feb 23 17:40:08 EST 2017

    > Not much happened in hardware in a while? Well, here is the complete ROM circuit board reverse engineered
    > and put into an Eagle PCB and (still to be cleaned up) schematics file. Some additional findings in the text.

I have been playing with overclocking lately, and the generally accepted wisdom is that you can’t go higher than a ~5mhz crystal.   I came across this post on MacNN on the subject:

http://forums.macnn.com/57/consumer-hardware-and-components/73361/overclock-your-newton/

That guy Paul sure knows his stuff. :)

So 6mhz is right out.  Maybe modern flash memory on our new ROM board can run at higher clock rates and we could push the limits a little more on the overclocking.

Jake