[NTLK] Armstice board (was: Unused Messagepad)

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Mar 1 17:23:52 EST 2017

On 2017-02-28, at 6:42 PM, Steve White wrote:

> So… that’s my argument that Bunwarmer is a specific term for a device that is effectively an external NuBus board with LCD screen.   But again, I’m happy to eat crow on this, and it’s quite possible Bunwarmer is a generic term for rather large Newtons.

Ok, wow.

This is fantastic information, Steve. I especially appreciate finding out the correct way to spell "Bunwarmer" from the resource strings. I have some glossary updating to do in that regard. I've never run across the "FlashPad" or "gerbil" references either ... "Bunwarmer+" is interesting too.

I'm quite happy to step back from calling my "plexiglas sandwich" Newton prototype Bunwarmers, but it would be nice to determine if they actually had proper code names.


More information about the NewtonTalk mailing list