[NTLK] Einstein "Workshop" extension

Matej Horvat matej.horvat at guest.arnes.si
Fri Mar 3 11:06:04 EST 2017

On Fri, 03 Mar 2017 16:03:54 +0100, Matthias Melcher <mm at matthiasm.com>
wrote:

> Either way, what do you suggest we do? Continue NTX, continue Workshop,
> continue both? Continue together? At least with serial port support on
> Einstein now, NTX would probably work with very little modification.

Continue DyneTK? It seemed off to a good start. I think compatibility with
existing NTK projects would be nice at least because of Apple's sample
code.

For Windows, there's a program called com0com that emulates a pair of
serial ports connected to each other. There's probably a way to do this on
other platforms as well. If Einstein's serial port emulation can carry an
Inspector connection, then it wouldn't matter what IDE someone is using as
long as it implements the Inspector protocol.