[NTLK] Newton 2000 and MacbookAir with NCX (Wifi only)

Cédric SARTOUT cedric at sartoo.fr
Sun Mar 19 09:05:52 EDT 2017

Hello,

I am French (but that would see you to my bad English) and new on this list.
I collect mobile and transportable apple devices and am particularly passionate about Newton (http://newpoms.wordpress.com). I have an OMP, a French MP110 and my favorite an MP2000 and an eMate 300.
After successfully installing packages in IrDA from my PowerBook G3 series my objective and now to be able to do without my PowerBook (without battery, without wifi) to install complementary packages with my Macbook Air but I have difficulties And as I saw that in the last messages you were talking about NCX I decided to write.

So I want to configure my Newton 2000 so that it can connect to my MacBook Air with Newton Connection (NCX) in Wifi.

My Newton has a Dell 1150 series wifi card.
Here is the setting:
1 - Added Newton Internet Enabler (NIE) packages and configuration: manual IP configuration with gateway / router the address of my freebox v5 and Free DNS
2 - Added the WAVELAN package and Configuration of the DELL card: Infrastructure mode with the SSID of my wifi and the WEP key of my Freebox
3 - Adding the TCP / IP Dock Package to My Newton
4 - Setting the TCP / IP dock by setting the IP of my macbook put in "link" my wifi connection and left the Port by default 3679

NCX 2.3 (OS X El Capitan) is on my macbook and I even disabled my firewall.

Test:
1 - I run the TCP / IP connection of the dock, it seems to work, no error message.
2 - If I restart the dock, I have icons retore, install package, ... keyboard, ...
3 - If I run NCX I have nothing displayed. I still have the message "Start by establishing a connection from your Newton device" and no display device. In Preferences, Serial I have GoPlayBR-WirelessiAP

If someone can help me ...

Thank you in advance.

Cédric
http://newpoms.wordpress.com <http://newpoms.wordpress.com/>