[NTLK] It's back: Online NES ROM packager for Newtendo

Victor Rehorst victor at chuma.org
Wed Oct 11 21:29:14 EDT 2017

*tl;dr* The online NESPackager is back, for all your ROM conversion needs:

https://ritsuko.chuma.org/nespackager/ (or non-secure
http://ritsuko.chuma.org/nespackager/)

Today, while noodling around on my lunch break writing Newton Glossary
definitions, I stumbled across the existence of the /compact/ DCL that
Eckhart Köppen forked from the original, like, four years ago:
https://github.com/ekoeppen/cDCL

And I went "WTF!  My entire problem has been that the DCL was stuck with
really old build tools and source that won't compile on modern systems
without serious effort... /and someone already made that effort?!/"

Obviously, I'm a bit out of touch.

Aaaaaanyways, the compact DCL compiles into a nice shared library /like
a pro/ on Linux.  And it supports everything that the NESPackager code
requires (which is only the package and NSOF stuff, I believe).

So this evening, I compiled a brand-spanking-new NESPackager binary on
my new Linux server, cleaned up the web page a tad, and now it's back up
for anyone who wants to emulate a 30 year old console on a 20 year old
handheld computer.  Seriously.

Need legal NES ROMs?  Try some of these coding competition submissions:

http://nesdevcompo.nintendoage.com/

-V