[NTLK] iPad Pro ? How to magically convert handwritten notes to text then share...

Noah Leon moosefuel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 13:09:34 EDT 2017

> *Sigh*. All those steps...and all we did was, uh, write on the screen of our Newtons.

While there’s nothing as well integrated as a real Newton, I’ve been using MyScript Nebo on my iPad Pro 10.5, and it has a lot of the niceties we enjoy on the Newton. It’s still missing the intelligent assistant, and is perhaps not quite as simple as the Newton Notepad, but it has the scribble to erase, tapping on a word to choose alternate interpretations, shape interpretations, etc. If you want HWR in every app, they have a MyScript keyboard extension which allows you to write in a window at the bottom of the screen, just like in Windows or something. It works very well, but you won’t get a pen-based OS out of the deal, so it won’t satisfy you if you’re nostalgic for your Newt.

noah