[NTLK] Newt's Cape is now freeware

Steve Weyer saweyer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:14:58 EDT 2018

 wrote:

> WOW! Thanks Steve! Now I’ll have to dust off the old WiFi card and disable the security on my router for an afternoon of Newted bliss!

depending on age / capabilities of router, you can maybe create a separate network
(and keep your regular network(s) security on).

e.g., on my TP-Link Archer C7,
I can setup a “Guest Network” at 2.4GHz with a separate name,  e.g., myrouter-newton
Hide SSID (enabled) — so the neighbors can’t see it
Wireless Security: off*
(and ability to schedule which days / times it’s accessible)

*interestingly, my router would let me set “b” WiFi security on my regular 2.4GHz network (though not 5GHz).
it wouldn’t let me specify “b”on Guest — which I think would’ve worked w/ Hiroshi's WiFi driver

> On a more serious note, thank you for writing such wonderful software over the years.

thanks. I hope there are enough Newton users still out there to appreciate it.

and thanks for your efforts on the documentary — I look forward to seeing it.

Steve