[NTLK] Hitting Reply [Was: Restarting Newton development?!]

Terence Griffin griffin at nist.gov
Thu Aug 9 15:51:21 EDT 2018

On 08/09/2018 11:54 AM, Grant Hutchinson wrote:
>> On Aug 7, 2018, at 9:42 AM, Terence Griffin <griffin at nist.gov> wrote:
>>
>> I hit Reply and sent this and then wondered why it wasn't showing up. I didn't realize Reply goes to the individual... So, I'm re-sending and moving it to the Newton Development thread, even though there is a comment about the conference. Cheers!
> I think this depends on your email client. Using the macOS Mail application, Reply goes to the address designated in the reply-to header, in the case of this list that is the newtontalk at newtontalk.net address.
>
> Out of curiosity, what email client are you using?
>
> g.

I use Thunderbird. NIST receives email through Outlook 360. I set up
Thunderbird to retrieve my work email from my Outlook 360 account.

It does appear the Reply-to header is indeed set to NewtonTalk. That
mean my client is sending replies to the From header. There have been
bug like this in the past, fixed in ver 25.something. Maybe they brought
that bug back for old times sake.

- Tere