[NTLK] Need some help

Forrest newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 13 06:50:31 EDT 2018

The short answer is you will need an Apple Serial 8-pin DIN cable (known as a Modem or Printer cable), very popular before the introduction of USB and, back then, the only real way to connect Apple peripherals.

It doesn’t really matter which port you use, the modem or serial port on the PowerBook. Just make sure in the Setup you note which the Newton is plugged into.

There’s not a lot of mystery here—when the Newton “sees” the correct port it will connect automatically...unlike with older Windows machines where everything had to be “just so”.

(Apologies to any offended Windows users out there. ;) ).

Mahalo,
Forrest

Sent from my T-Mobile iPhone 6S Plus