[NTLK] H1000 battery and charger issue

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Sun Aug 19 17:46:05 EDT 2018

> On 19 Aug 2018, at 21:56, NewtonTalk <newtontalk at pda-soft.de> wrote:
>
> For one, you'd need AAA size Nickel-Cadmium cells. These have been banned in Europe for years. In
> Germany you simply cannot buy them anymore.

In UK NiCd AAA are available on eBay. If you want I can sand couple for you.

> For an OMP it would make most sense to buy two battery holders and eight
> rechargeable AAA size Nickel-Metal-Hydride cells with the highest capacity
> you can get. Charging those in a halfway decent external charger would at
> least triple the usage time you get out of one pack, compared to a brand-new
> original rechargeable pack. Provided you'd manage to get one, which hasn't
> been possible for at least two decades.

I think this is the best way to run OMP's and 100’s.

My other idea is to use external LiPol with DC-DC converter and connect it to normal DC input. I must try it.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)