[NTLK] [OT] Restoring sound files from old Mac drive?

Akasaka Ryuunosuke vladkorotnev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:34:38 EDT 2018

Hello everyone

Recently I've finally got hold of a SCSI PCI controller, and so was
able to make an image of my dying Mac LC drive.

Now the thing is, that drive had a lot of sound files, recorded using
the standard sound control panel, which have a lot of family history
meaning now.

However when I mount the image under linux as simple HFS, the files
come out as 0 bytes, and I can't play them with anything.

I suppose that's because the audio data is in the resource fork, rather
than the data fork, so the linux doesn't see it.

Is there some utility that I can use to convert those files into
generic wav files?

The image is perfectly valid, because I can boot it in Basilisk II --
but the sound doesn't work in it for me due to the fact I have
PulseAudio and it wasn't updated for that.

Many thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
- Ak.R.

Genjitsu Gadget Lab Member 001