[NTLK] Followup on EM300 and SER-001 boards: What a disappointment!

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Sun Aug 26 14:42:36 EDT 2018

Hi all,

bad news: The boards I just got from Beta Layout are more than twice as
thick as the original boards (1.7mm instead of 0.8mm). This means that the
EM300 boards will not fit into the eMate's board holder, and the SER-001
boards will prevent the back part of the 2x00's case from being properly
reattached.

No idea how this happened. I sent them David's layout files without any
change. The boards are perfect except for their thickness. I'd expect if
Beta can figure out board width and height, drill positions, soldering pad
positions and all that other stuff from the Gerber files, surely they should
find board thickness info there, too! And if they didn't, they should've
asked!

I sent them an E-Mail asking how we can solve this problem. Let's hope they
either waive the invoiced amount or furnish me with boards that we can use.
Otherwise I will have just flushed almost 250 Euros down the drain. That
money should have better gone towards the reflow soldering equipment I'm
currently saving for and intended to buy next.

Then again: If I do not have usable boards, I do not need reflow soldering
equipment in the first place. Always look on the bright side of life.

Sorry for grumbling. I had to blow off some steam.

Grr...

:-((

Frank