[NTLK] AA battery trays

Dennis Swaney romad at mac.com
Tue Jan 30 17:36:29 EST 2018

Ah, Michael, I don't know where you have been the last 20 years but no new
trays have been made since at least 1997. Stock that existed then has been
exhausted. The only owners of any such trays are Newton Enthusiasts and the
trays will have been used. BTW both those links are gone since the trays
were most likely sold.

Have you ever heard the phrase "supply and demand"? Newton items are a
poster child for it. Extremely low supply (all used) and a high demand
(relatively). Even if there are excess trays in an unused condition, they
are probably owned by: A) Newton enthusiasts/collectors, or B) Speculators.

It would be nice if Apple would make the patents and blueprints for at
least the Newton accessories public domain; if they did some one could make
a few via 3D printing.

Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"I think, therefore I Mac"