[NTLK] Love Notes bonus content

Sylvain Pilet sylvain at pilet.net
Thu Jul 26 21:53:49 EDT 2018

Matthias

Restarting Newton development ...

I am very interested in learning about development on Newton. you can count me among the subscribers.

Regarding the development of a new OS for Newton.
I do not know where you are coming from. If it is to fork Linux on Newton, I do not see that it will bring Newton's owners. For the most part, they already have a hard time transferring pkg on the Newton, asking them to change OS is not going to be simple.
Above all, tell me if I'm wrong, NewtonOS lies in the Newton's Rom, so if I understand you correctly, we should design new Rom to be able to install something else. Because if we take a part of the Ram (it seems to me that it is possible, a bit like a huge patch) it will not stay much Ram for users.
For my part I would like a NewtonOS3 much more than a Newton(Lin)ux 1.x.
But, explain more your idea, I'm sure it is very interesting.

Sylvain Pilet

NPDS | Newton Personal Data Sharing
http://messagepad.no-ip.org:3680 (TRACKER)
http://messagepad.no-ip.org