[NTLK] Linux solution to install Newton packages ?

Tony Morrow gizmo1482 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 17:43:42 EDT 2018

There were a few options years ago, but I don't know if they work on modern
Linux distros. UnixNPI is one application that comes to mind. You may be
able to compile a copy of the Newton Desktop Connection Library <
https://sourceforge.net/projects/newton-dcl/> and transfer packages with
it. Eckhart Köppen <www.40hz.org> also ported DCL to Ruby and they may work
on Linux <https://github.com/ekoeppen/RDCL>.

Honestly, it may just be easier for you to buy a new serial adapter and
build a DB-9 to miniDIN-8 cable. I used USB adapters with Prolific chipsets
in the past with MacOS natively, no extra drivers required.

Tony Morrow
<https://lookanotherblog.com>