[NTLK] ATA support - problem with ATA device

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Mon Mar 19 15:34:06 EDT 2018

> I have problem with ATA Support. I have some card that ATA Support can not
recognise properly.
> The funny fact is that ATA Support constantly telling me that card is
damaged or unsupported.
> BUT! There was one time, when ATA Support recognise this card, but I
couldn?t format it.

I haven't used ATA support so far, so I can't answer your particular
question. But to the best of my knowledge, ATA support has never seen an
official release that was tested thoroughly. If I remember correctly, Paul
Guyot simply stopped working on it one day and released the code. Given the
almost nonexistent documentation there is for card IO and data format, it's
a miracle that Paul got that far at all.

It's probably still in the fine print that you should better refrain from
entrusting important data to such a card.

Cheers

Frank