[NTLK] ATA support - problem with ATA device

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Tue Mar 20 12:27:32 EDT 2018

*waves to Victor*

Good to see you are still around. :)

Also, back to the original question, did you ever try to reformat the card in something else and see if the Newton could use it afterwards?

If I recall, some cards do not play nice with the ATA driver.  But it seems to be a work or don't work situation.  Over the years, I rarely have heard of anyone losing data if they got it working at the onset.  Unless there was a overall failure of the card.  One warning about flash cards: buying them used is often asking for trouble.  You often never know how much they have been used.  They can be fine for a while, then go belly up without any warning.  I always wished there was affordable diagnostics for such cards so we could tell how much 'life' is left on a card.

I never used the ATA driver myself since it was a bit slower than Linear and I did load huge packages such as mp3's or such.

Also is this ATA card Sandisk brand?  I have heard they work well with the ATA driver.

-Dan