[NTLK] Award Winning NOS 2.0

Grant Hutchinson newtontalkmessages at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:58:14 EDT 2018

> On Mar 21, 2018, at 5:36 PM, Noah Leon <moosefuel at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I remember hearing ages ago, and I just came across it again, a statement
> like: "award-winning Newton OS 2..."

From Newton Technology Journal, February 1996:

"Perhaps the most notable acknowledgment of the team's work and improvements to Newton was winning Byte Magazine's "Best of COMDEX" award in the new OS category ..."

<http://www.unna.org/unna/apple/documentation/developer/NewtonTechnologyJournal/NTJ_2_01.pdf>

From Pen Computing Magazine, June 1998:

"Newton OS 2.0, introduced at a huge party at the 1995 Fall Comdex show in Las Vegas, was a tremendous leap forward in functionality over what was originally named Newton Intelligence. Byte Magazine gave it an award for best operating system."

<http://www.pencomputing.com/frames/newton_obituary.html>

g.