[NTLK] Age of List

William James whjames67 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 20:31:05 EDT 2018

Hi
I am not a plank holder on the list, but I can tell you that in the late 1990s (up to 1999), there was very little interaction between Newton users online. Most users were high level users, meaning doctors and researchers in lab coats, at above the rank of Lt.Cmdr in the US Armed Forces, or above the E7 enlisted ranks, depended on your security clearance.  Palm users were messaging back and forth, which was a major security concern back then, we were briefly given Messagepads. We loved them. Then Messagepad went belly up overnight. We actually had a group that tried to hold on, sharing programs, no way to compete with money, and what Apple considered a failed platform, so the message-board went away