[NTLK] Age of List

Grant Hutchinson splorp at me.com
Sat Mar 31 20:04:14 EDT 2018

> On Mar 28, 2018, at 5:04 PM, Grant Hutchinson <splorp at me.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 everything Grant said.  There used to be old list digests from mid 1999 on newtontalk.net/archive but I couldn't even retrieve most of them from the Wayback Machine.  I'm assuming Grant has copies ;)
>
> I still have them. Direct links to the old digests were removed from the site a few years ago for privacy reasons, because most of them still had “naked" email addresses. That’s probably not as huge a deal now, seeing as most of those original list members have moved on to different account.
>
> Let me see what I can dig up.

Hey, Noah.

I'm just about finished with tidying up a pile of monthly archives and digests dating back to the Sean O'Shaunessy NTLK days. I'll be pushing these out to the NTLK site as soon as I'm done.

Part of the process involves obfuscating all of the email address, but keeping the message IDs and listserv-specific addresses intact.

I'm also updating the text encoding to UTF-8, which should make the display of non-ASCII characters more consistent across all those archives.

That’s 10 years, 4 servers, and 3,800 files worth of NTLK history.

g.