[NTLK] Einstein binary pre-release with BasiliskII/serial port support

Bastian Müller bastian at turbolent.com
Sat May 12 19:00:31 EDT 2018

Hi Matthias,

Just tried it out and I can report the "BasiliskII" serial port emulation works great!

I used to use the named pipe serial port emulation of the previous pre-release of
Einstein and the following socat command to create a pseudo terminal, but the new
direct support is much nicer.

socat -d -d PTY,rawer,mode=666,echo=0,link=$HOME/einstein \
            PIPE:$HOME/Library/Application\ Support/Einstein\ Emulator/ExtrSerPortSend\!\!PIPE:$HOME/Library/Application\ Support/Einstein\ Emulator/ExtrSerPortRecv

Well done!

I also used a similar trick to connect NCU in a OS 9 installation running in Qemu
to Einstein and will try this new release soon.

Any reason the latest release ships as a .pkg? Any chance to just get the
Einstein.app as a zip?

Thanks!

-B