[NTLK] Serial connector parts for 2100?

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Wed Oct 31 14:47:03 EDT 2018

> On Oct 30, 2018, at 1:14 PM, Jake Bordens <jake at allaboutjake.com> wrote:
>
>> Could the component with the metal contacts be created through some sort of
>> thin-layer PCB process and then wrapped with a 3D-printed housing?
>
> Not really.  The PCB "tongue" is on the Newton-side. The contacts in the
> connector are springs that press against the PCB "tongue" inside the Newton's
> connector.

Right, I knew that. I guess what I was getting at was the possibility of PCB'ing the contacts themselves on some sort of thin-film substrate. The "springs" would be 3D printed into the housing to provide pressure against the contacts.

Now that I think about it, tings are getting far to complicated.

Nvrmnd.

g.