[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 5

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 7 19:16:00 EDT 2018

Robert:

Did you Install MailV In the Internal storage area? Simon Bell recommends that, else the software will place the "Grip of Death" (his words) on any Storage card you have it installed on. Meaning, you'II have to re-insert the Card and re-eject it when you're told it's okay.

As far as getting It to connect and work properly, all l can advise is to follow his instructions on Newton Research exactly. If you do that and it still doesn't work, go back and CAREFULLY check your input. There could be a added space in the email address, or similar errors. If it still fails, consider deleting the Profile (User Info) and starting over.

Do you have the Debug Version? That one sends the output to a Notes file, although It didn't make much sense to me.

I gave up on Voice Notes. I couldn't get the Informatiön I was Iooking for--turns out there is a Built-In Voice Recorder in the MP2100. In NOTES, select NEW and you'll be given the option for a Voice Recording.

Good point on the on/off switch though.

Mahalo,
Forrest
--
(Proudly sent from my Newton Technology MP2100 using Mail V)