[NTLK] NewtonTalk Digest, Vol 57, Issue 9

Forrest Buffenmyer newton_phoenix at mindspring.com
Sat Sep 8 15:36:00 EDT 2018

Here's a simple questïon---are you able to successfully send and receive email? (By that I mean, with no error messages or crashes.) If so, then I think you're okay.

There will be times when MailV will crash downloading new email. This Is usually because the Newton can't handle some types of email--those that have frames, images, etc. Best to have an email setup JUST FOR emailing to and from NTLK, which is just simple text.

Years ago users of NTLK were encouraged to be considerate of those that still used their Newtons for email--remove old messages as part of the thread, for example, which just clogged up its memory. But as Newton use declined, that practice was abandoned.
--
Mahalo,
Forrest

(Proudly sent from my MP2100 using Mail V)