[NTLK] Leaky battery!

Steven Frank stevenf at panic.com
Fri Sep 14 13:36:49 EDT 2018

> On Sep 13, 2018, at 10:49 PM, Forrest Buffenmyer <newton_phoenix at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> Yes it’s vinegar. Always with corroded batteries.

All right then, I'll hit it with some white vinegar and a toothbrush.

Since my intent is to save the plastics, and get rid of the leaky cells, I was looking at Frank's instructions for opening the pack:

https://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html <https://www.pda-soft.de/mp2k_battery_pack.html>

But I'm not sure I have the skill to actually cut a "lid" without completely ruining it.  I am just not good with my hands like that.  Is was hoping it could just be separated into two halves along the seams with a thin instrument of some kind, but Frank makes it sound like that's maybe not viable?

Steven