[NTLK] Newton Connection Tools 1.1

Dan dan at dbdigitalweb.com
Sun Sep 30 02:49:19 EDT 2018

He might be bitter, and while I can understand it, some of us knew it wouldn't go well even if he didn't go the donation route.

There was two BIG problems.  First he crippled it in a huge way.  No time-limited testing available, rather you just had to take his word for it.  If I remember right you could do a couple of things but no restore no real data transfer or checking to see if the software would do what you wanted.  And let's be honest here, with a platform that has been discontinued for about a 10 years when this software was released?  People were crossing their eyes.  And secondly, his only payment method was western union transfer.  In the day of paypal and several other methods, the only one was western union to Argentina?  Don't get me wrong I am sure he wasn't out to scam anyone, but not many are going to take that leap.

You add them together and I am sure that equaled almost ZERO sales, not to mention this is a small community anyway, so he went the donation route and gave up on it.  What I don't understand is why he didn't just release the software.  Sure he says out of respect for those who bought it, but to be honest if I HAD bought it and now could use it with ALL of my newtons instead of the one or two I purchased licenses for?  I would be kissing his feet, not be angry.

Again it is his work and he can do what he wants with it, but it is a shame regardless.

-Dan

*snip*