[NTLK] Newton 2100 Speed Boost Implant

"Piotrowski Paweł (Newton)" newton at indigi.co.uk
Sun Apr 14 19:02:59 EDT 2019

> On 14 Apr 2019, at 10:28, L.L. Electronics <info at rozzbox.de> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> does anyone here have the Newton Speed Boost Implant installed in the 2000/2100 (which increases the Newton's Clock speed from 160Mhz to 220Mhz)? Does this make a noticeable difference when using the device? Also, are there technical details somewhere on how this is implemented?
>
> Thanks :)
> Kilian

Hi Kilian,

I have one Newton 2100 with SBI. I can say that is easy to see the difference. In general everything working faster. This Newton working as NPDS and I don’t have any problems with this unit. The difference between Implant and normal crystal modification is that with Implant you can do everything without any problems (communication with computer etc.). With crystal modification you can’t.

I have no idea if someone published tech details. That was commercial project. This is what I know. Second think, Jake Bordens told me that he start some project with his own ‘implant’ in past, but I’m not sure if he finished it.

Best regards,
Pawel Piotrowski

Worldwide Apple Newton Users Map: http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk <http://user-map.applenewton.co.uk/>

NPDS Server: http://newton1.applenewton.co.uk:8079 (powered by Newton 2100)