[NTLK] No outline or checklist available on just purchased 2100

Grant Hutchinson grant at splorp.com
Sat Aug 10 13:50:39 EDT 2019

> On Aug 7, 2019, at 1:26 PM, Lee <lewisrn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just purchased a Newton 2100 off eBay and it gives me the following message when trying to make an outline note- this uses stationery that is not installed and cannot be displayed(Outline) -
> I tried to find this on my other Newton to beam to it but cannot find.

The outline and checklist stationery are built into the Notes application by default, so they should be there.

A couple of things to check ...

Are you trying to create a new note using third-party stationery? What are the types listed when you tap on the “New” pop-up menu in Notes? Can you create a new regular Note?

Another possibility is that something has become corrupted. Do you have a storage card inserted in the Newton? Is the Notes application stored on that card? If so, try moved the Notes application back to the internal store.

g.

Grant Hutchinson
NewtonTalk List Dad & Web Custodian