[NTLK] How to install packages via Ethernet?

NewtonTalk newtontalk at pda-soft.de
Thu Feb 21 08:20:03 EST 2019

Hi folks,

assume you've just managed to solve your MP2000's bootstrap problem due to
the card lending system. How would you install packages from the Ethernet,
with neither a Dongle nor a spare Newton nor a USB-Serial-Adapter in sight?
Since both the Newton Toolkit (NTK) and the Newton Connection Utilities
(NCU) only support serial connections, I'd think there might be some way of
installing packages through the Ethernet card. Since I only used my Newton's
Ethernet connection for reaching our printers at work, I'm somewhat at a
loss here.

Thanks

Frank