[NTLK] eMate manufacturing menu ?

Steve White stepwhite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 22:52:01 EST 2019

This looks like K-Diags, which can be ran from PCMCIA card or embedded into the device’s internal flash.  On the screenshot here on Imgur, “IMAGE TO PCMCIA” copies K-Diags onto a PCMCIA flash card.  “IMAGE TO FLASH” copies it onto the device’s internal flash.

If you’d like to make a copy of it to run on other eMates, insert a PCMCIA flash card, tap “IMAGE TO PCMCIA”.  It’ll either beep immediately because it doesn’t like the card - or it’ll churn for a minute, after which you can eject the card.   If you power off another eMate (remove battery / AC), insert the card, and then apply power that eMate should then boot into K-Diags.

I believe Frank Gruendel has had success using K-Diags to repair some wonky eMates.

My collection of K-Diags related photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/pablo_marx/albums/72157632538904443

-Steve